Sunday, December 04, 2005

Miss Nova

So Starcraft Ghost got some attention... again. SC Ghost has been in production for a long time. Just to give you a little update: SC Ghost was under the production of Blizzard and Nihilistic, at the start in 2002 or 2003 (I can't remember when they first announced it... it was a long time ago). Blizzard let go of Nihilistic in the middle of production, and hired Swinging Apes to work on the project. On the way they scrapped 90% of the code involved and most of the story line. This is about 2004. They bought Swinging Apes, so they became part of Blizzard. Swinging Apes added several things: graphics, new look for Nova (the main character), multiplayer, new playable characters, and the like. Right now, they've announced that you can play as protoss and zerg in multiplayer. So I don't know. Exciting, of course. But this is still gonna be on this generation of video game systems (XBox, PS2, Gamecube). Now that's a good idea, mainly because they have it all planned out for these systems already, and to start over and make it for the new systems would be pointless because they don't know all they can do with the new systems. But this might not be good for Blizzard mainly because it's gonna be close or after the new systems are released, and Ghost will slip under the radar and people may not buy it. Maybe. That's just my theory. I don't mind having it made on this generation of systems, but Blizzard might lose money because of it. Just to let you know, no release date is set for Ghost yet. Sometime next year is all we have to go by. That is all. Unless you want to here a story.

I was playing Shadow the Hedgehog, and I got made and was gonna punch my bed, but the remote for the TV was under my fist, so I punched that instead and it was bleeding pretty bad. The fist, not the remote. The remote is fine, it only suffered from loosing-battery-cover-and-batteries injuries. I think my hand is still bleeding though. Oh well.

No comments: