Monday, April 30, 2007

Microsoft messes up, but not Vistas fault?

So yesterday i took my new 320 gb harddrive, and installed Windows XP x64 on it, than partitioned it and installed Vista on half of the harddrive. I only a few problems with Vista, but nothing that windows update didn't fix, or just finding an internet download didn't fix. Update fixed my video card driver problem, and than finding the drivers on the internet for my motherboard fixed the problem of my CD not running for the drivers. So that went well. After i got settled in, i went back to XP. Well i couldn't get my wireless network card to work (which i later found out how to fix) so i decided to reinstall XP. Never ever ever do that when dual booting the two. Basiclly, it messes up the boot loader thingy for Windows when you want to choose between the two. I could only boot XP, and not Vista. I try as i may, I couldn't find an alternative. So finally i just decided to wipe the harddrive and start over again. So here I am waiting for the harddrive to format and windows XP installation. After than I will partition the harddrive using GParted. After than, I will install Vista on the new partition. Speaking of Vista, let me share my thoughts about it. It's very beautiful. I mean the prettyness is just awesome. I can't believe I'm saying something good about a Microsoft product. You have to have a high end machine for it. I do as I discussed in a previous post. So i don't recomend it if you dont have a high end PC. Vista does ask everytime you run a new program, if you want the program to run. So that is kind of a down side, but I haven't really gotten irritated by it. Another thing is that on my friend's Vista laptop, i didn't know how to change the internet card settings. Well on my PC now, I just kinda guessed and found everything. So it's pretty logical i guess. It's deffinitely different. The only other thing i can think of is that sometimes it can't read cd drivers. For example, my motherboard. I found the drivers on the internet though i just downloaded them and installed. Worked like a charm. I was kinda worried about Itunes support. For one I was running Vista, but I was also running an x64 version. On apple's website it says they don't support x64 versions of Windows. Yikes. I tried to install itunes anyways. It worked fine. I guess I didn't try to play any songs, but it did install. The reason i didn't test itunes is because i decided to go to XP and install things, whcih ultimately lead to the 2 windowses (?) deaths together. If you ever get the oppertunity to format a 320 gb. harddrive, don't. It takes about an hour. well im gonna let you guys go bye.

No comments: