Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Xileration

I was kinda creeping around the internet and went to starcraft.org to see what's going on there. And then I noticed SCLegacy headlines, and one cought by eye so i clicked on it. The article was an interview about Project Revolution. Prject Revolution is a Warcraft 3 mod. The special thing is that they are basically recreating Starcraft. Updating it if you will. Making 3d, better ai, and they are even going to release their World Editor that they are using (they have a custom made world editor that they are using to make it). One of the sweet things is that you'll still be able to play regular WC3, Frozen Throne, Broodwar and SC with the mod installed. It requires all of the games to be curtious to Blizzard, so people could play "Starcraft" without owning it (Cause the mod will be free), and obviously you need both the WCs to play. But enough of that. It's exciting to me, but I'm not overly hyped about it.

Another game i just got excited for is Hellgate: London. I am excited for two reasons: the game looks like it's going to be really really sweet, and it's made by the company Flagship Studios. You probably have never heard of them, and I hadn't (or at least realized I hadn't) until recently when play around starcraft.org and found flagshipstudios.org and by the way, I like the unofficial site, .org then the official site .com for flagshipstudios. but anyway. For those of you who don't know who they are, they started making the game Hellgate London a couple years ago. Under a different name, the team also made the game Diablo and Diablo II. Not Blizzard, but Blizzard North. Also some people who help make Starcraft and Warcraft are also part of the new company. I don't know if they were let go from Blizzard, or they quit, but either way, Hellgate looks like a really sweet game. Graphically, I can see a lot of similarities with Diablo II, except for better graphics. But like the colors, they are similar, and the monsters. Even the story is something that could be thought up by the makers of Diablo. So this game I am excited for.

Well that's all for now. Later.

No comments: