Thursday, January 26, 2006

Wow

I decided on blogging. I really just needed to start doing something else. Today was spent working on a new website that I'm doing. Sadly I didn't get very much accomplished. I've basically spent about 3 hours trying to make a border for the website, and figure out how the artwork theme should be. So far I haven't gotten much. I want this site to be as perfect as i can make it. As advance as i can make it, without making it bad. So perfect that the navigation and graphics, and content flow so well. I realize simplicity can be the best thing for a website. I mean look at my site. It's simple but done well(at least in my opinion). But the site I'm designing now is to get me out of the rut of just having a banner on top, navigation to the left and main body in center. It seems all the sites i desgn end up like that. Mainly because it's almost the perfect design. The site I'm designing does use that layout, kinda, but not really. I'm "enhancing" it to the next level. And graphics is the key to it. So far my graphics haven't turned out that well. I have three fairly good borders and they would look good on the site... but the look isn't what I was looking for. Maybe I need to try a new color scheme. I don't know. I'm gonna post a link to a picture of the three different versions, and you can tell me what you think. Tell me whether I should change the color scheme (it's blue, gray, and black pretty much now) or if the banner or logo needs to change. I don't know. They look alright, but they don't really go well together. I need to think of something. Well here's version1, Version 2, version 3. In version three, I can't think of what to do with the left border, so i just left it for now. Well I'm gonna probably go play some animal crossing or something. I have to work tomorrow and Saturday, so that's kinda a bummer. Well have a nice weekend and probably week and maybe even 2 weeks.

No comments: