Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Mystery part 13

Before you read this, please read the post labeled "Mystery!?!" and any other "Mystery part..." It's way back in my archives.

Well this isn't the last one but it's getting closer to being finished. Hey at least i worked on it. I got rid of that typer's block. Here is Mystery Part 13:

I did what every self-respecting paranoid person would do; I ran around my room like a pansy screaming like a little girl. After that I changed my pants. After that I decided to grab my gun. I began to wonder, wonder who and why was killing me, and the others. I wondered what Holland and Daisy were thinking when they were killed. Were they worried that they might be killed after Slitwit died? I tried to settle down and think logically; tried to put together what clues I had. All my suspects were dead pretty much. I guess the police could have done it. I mean how could they have missed those footprints. They didn’t really ask me a lot of questions when Kris was killed. They could have done it.
I’m goin’ looney. I guess it was the sense of paranoia at it’s greatest. Then I thought for a moment. The element… sleeping… hmmm. This was beginning to make some sense. Then all of a sudden, I heard the door open. I swung around only to get half way and collapsed…
Later… much later… in a place that Jacob doesn’t know where he is at…
Owie. I began to come to. I opened my eyes to find out my head hurt and I was strapped to a table by a chain. Now I knew for sure I was in a bad place and soon to meet the murderer. The lights were off in the room except this blinding light in front of my face. Couldn’t see anything out of the radius of the light. Then I heard a voice. So, so familiar.
“Good evening Jacob.” the voice said.
“What did I do to you! Let me go!” I said
“Now now. Be calm. I will keep to my word; I won’t kill you unless you leave town… now that will be kind of hard if you are tied to a table.”
“You haven’t answered my question; why do you want me?”
“Well Jacob, you have been searching for whoever killed those poor people. So my job is to get rid of the person doing the looking so that he doesn’t tell. You know who I am, you just can’t face the reality that I would do it.”
He turned off the light that was glaring in my eyes and the room was dark. Now I thought this was the end, but then he flicked on the regular lights for the room… he was right, I hid the fact that he did it: Jeff.
“Why? Why did you do it Jeff?” I asked.
“Everybody had a scar on them some place, Jacob. Everybody but you. I know where those places are where they have the scars. Kris, scar on her right arm. Jonathon Slitwit, scar on right cheek obviously, Charles, scar on his left ankle and you don’t know this but Holland has a scar on his stomach. How he lived that I don’t know.” Jeff said.
“How did you get your scar?” I asked.
“I have more then one. See they got their scars from me. It was in defense. Every one of them tried to kill me, Jacob. I just acted in self-defense with a sharp object that was near me. For example: I was sitting at my desk working on the plans for the business for Kris and Holland, when Holland came up quietly behind. I slightly heard him and by the time I stood up, the knife he had in his hand (that was meant to slit my throat) cut my chest. Just a cut. In self-defense I used the letter opener by me and jabbed pretty hard into his stomach. By that time he went running. I was there when you guys were telling your little stories; they are a bunch of liars.” He said.
“Why did you fake your own death?” I asked.
“Cause I knew Slitwit would get everyone together. He knew I was still alive and he was going to get all of you guys to kill me. He knew I was in town still. He knew my plan. I knew him, and he hated me.”
“Then why did he call me up?” I asked.
“Because he thought you wanted to kill me too. But he was wrong. Slitwit wanted me dead because I was stealing from the element that’s in the sewers. I found out its use. It works as a knock out gas. It just takes a little bit to put a person out like a light for a couple of hours. It worked well on you. Yeah I used it on you. That’s why you fell asleep so early. I didn’t want it to come to this where I would have to kill you, but I see now that I have too.”
He started toward me with a knife. I knew I had to do something, but couldn’t. I stared at the blade in his hand, saw it shine in the dim light. I just closed my eyes to accept my death.
“Can’t I have a last request.” I said.
He put down the blade. For a second I thought that he would give me a last request.
“How bout if I put you to sleep first? That’d be gracious of me. This stuff is so powerful that you won’t feel a thing when I slit your throat.” He took one of the rocks of the element and put it right in my face.
I became drowsy…

This is the end of the story…. Just kidding. There’s one more installment. Keep your eyes peeled.

No comments: