Thursday, September 15, 2005

Emotion is Dead

I have listened to the Juliana Theory "The Deadbeat Sweetheart", and have come up with a review. Could this possibly be the follow up CD to "Emotion is Dead" for TJT fans? I mean "Love" was an alright CD. The songs flowed together nicely (except Into the Dark, which was kinda just thrown in there), and the songs were pretty good, but it just seemed... average. The EP, "Music from Another Room" was good, but that was just songs that didn't make the cut for Emotion is Dead. I think most TJT fans will agree with me that "Emotion is Dead" and the EP were some of Juliana's best albums, and we were kinda dissappointed by "Love." But what about "Deadbeat Sweetheart?" Is this the album we were waiting for? The answer is Yes. 48 minutes and 46 seconds of great music. The songs flow together nicely, the music is awsome, and the lyrics are great, along with Brett's voice. Charles wondered about "French Kiss Off" being the last songs, but I think they made a good choice. Basically, there's a bonus track after "French Kiss Off" but you have to fast forward to after French Kiss Off, and I wish bands would just add the freaking song to the album, and have it have its own track. It gets kinda annoying to fast forward after a song, to hear a song.
So the question has to be answered: Is their best album? I don't know. Honestly, I have to give it more time. But if I were you, I would pick this one up. So go now.
As for Switchfoot, I haven't even listened to it all the way through, and I wasn't really paying much attention to listening to it, when I listened to it. I was busy doing homework. But Stars is an awsome song. I'm gonna go before I blabber too much, which i probably already did.

No comments: