Thursday, September 08, 2005

I-Tripped over the radio station.

Get it. I-Trip, as in the FM Transmitter for the IPod, and I tripped. Get it. It's not funny. I know. Soo... I bought one of these doohickies, and it's been pretty good to me. I also bought a car adapter for the IPod, but nothing special about that. If you don't know, the Itrip is a little thingy that allows you to have your IPod broadcasted to a FM radio station, so you can listen to your IPod through speakers, if your speakers have FM Radio. I bought the more expensive one, the one made by Griffin Technology, thinking that I would get the best quality. It seems a little fuzzy once in awhile. Plus you have to turn your radio up fairly loud. I play CDs in my car at 15, and that's loud pretty loud sounding, but to produce that loudness, I gotta turn it up to 30, with the IPod. So it's not perfect, but it's pretty good. It's worth the money. 25 bucks. I also don't like that your radio station become part of your music files... meaning that if i have my IPod on shuffle, it could land on one of the radio frequencies. I also think that it sucks more battery out of it... but whatever. I just landed on the first radio station, on shuffle. It makes a beeping sound through the speakers. To activate the frequency, you play the frequency (like 89.9 or whatever is empty) and the the LED light blinks rapidly and you need to pause it then (the "tracks" are 5 second tracks so you have to pause it before the time is up) you can start playing songs. It's magic. I don't understand the technology of it, even. And i consider myself fairly techonology savvy... savvy... hehe. Sweet! This car adapter comes with a firewire cable! Sure it's for the little thing that plugs into your cigarette lighter place, but oh well... then again i don't have a fire wire port... so basically I don't know why I said sweet. So if the Itrip does suck battery, I can now charge it in my motorized vehicle.

I had some problems with ITunes last night. I was gonna upload the radio stations, but when I opened ITunes, it need to be updated. So I did, and basically I downloaded the file and reinstalled ITunes, but with a more updated version. Well, I do this and get it all installed, and I double click on the Icon and nothing happens. I mean squat happens. So after uninstalling it and installing it about 5 times, with no luck, I look around and I finally catch something today. Well, it seems that Norton likes to block ITunes. So I restarted and disabled Norton, and it worked. Yeah. So if you run into a problem like that, now you know that it is Norton's fault.

You know what sucks? Getting paid 33 bucks, for working at your job. My last paycheck at Miracle Mart: $33 bucks and some cents. I worked one day and for only 5.75 hours. Yeah, I know. Wow.

I gotta go mow the lawn. Bye. Later.

No comments: