Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hold Shift

Ok, ok. I figured this out, without using tape. Please see previous post to figure out what I am talking about. Anyways, to get by that protection crap, just hold shift, and insert the CD, and it shouldn't read anything. See, when you insert the CD, the computer reads everything, and that's when it'll read the error. But if you hold shift, it doesn't read anything. So once you do that, wait a couple of seconds, let go of shift, and open your program you want to rip the music from, or copy. I would rip and then just burn the music to a CD, because if you copied, you would also copy the error file. So, yeah I got it. Now I burned both CDs (I got Simple Plan way back when it came out, so it's about time I burned it to a CD so I can rip it to my computer, or just play it without fear of ruining one of the sides). I'm joyful now.

Dear Norton,
I appreciate you trying to protect my computer, and you have done a great job doing so. The problem is that you do it too well, and I must tell you that you should let me control what programs to allow, but instead you block things, that aren't a threat, and I have no way of making it work. I tunes for example. You ask me if I should allow the program, when i start it, and I say yes, and then nothing happens. Nothing. Notta. I try again, and nothing. And then I try to shut down, and it takes forever (like 15 minutes, or not at all) for my computer to shut down. To use Itunes, I must disable you. You have done it with other programs too. I just wanted to let you know about this.
Sincerely,
Roy

And I wish that Norton would read this, but it won't. It would just block it. Why do i post it? I don't know. Bye bye my good audience.

No comments: