Sunday, May 02, 2004

Mystery Part 6.

If you haven't already, read the post "Mystery?!?", which would be in my archives by now, and probably read all the posts after. This will make a lot more sense if you do.

Yes you get your mystery finally. Although my computer is messed up still, so I got this great idea that took hours upon hours to come up with. The idea was to put the mystery on a disk from my computer, and since i have several computers in my home i decided to take that same disk and put it in one of the other computers. And i was like, "Whoa! That's just crazy enough to work!" and so i did it and here i am. I don't know when I'll have part 7 out, because my computer is where i type the mysterys and usually publish them. Since I am formatting my harddrive, it could be awhile, meaning a couple of days, meaning sometime this week. I most likely will have it this week sometime. Probably near the end. Since I'm on this computer, I can tell you the words that my computer upstairs messes with. It messes with the words car, ticket, date, airplane, adware, and stuff similar to that. Well here is part 6:

“Didn’t you say you knew him?” asked Holland.
“Yes I knew him. I can tell you that I went to college with him. Jeff would not want me to tell anyone anything else about him.’
“There must be something else that you can tell us.” Said Kris.
“There is not.” Said I.
“Do you know anything that pertains to his death Mr. Slanders?” asked Slitwit.
“All I have to say is that I knew him in college. I think I have the freedom to hold back any relations I had with him.” I said.
“You may,” said Slitwit, “but it just gives us all the more reason to think that you killed him.”
“Then I guess that it is your freedom to do that.” I said.
The old grandfather clock struck nine. “I guess it is time for my guests to go to their hotels.” Said Slitwit. “Hoges, kindly show them to their cars.”
Hoges came out. “Follow me ladies and gentlemen.” He said. We followed him down the hallway and he opened the front door for us. The something dawned upon me just then, how did Slitwit know that I was looking at the picture. He wasn’t standing in sight. It was strange to me indeed.
Chuck and I got into the truck and we started to leave.
“Let’s get down to it,” he said, “did you kill him?”
“Of course not.” I said, “why would I kill my best friend?”
“Then why don’t you tell at least me how you knew him? It’s not a big deal, is it?”
“It is,” I said, “Jeff has secrets, just like everybody, that he doesn’t want to be shared.”
“Everybody?” he said, “That’s a lot of people you are talking about.”
“Well a lot of people have secrets, including a lot of these people.”
“What are you getting at Slanders?”
“I guess I can tell you a little bit.” I said, “I grew up with Jeff, all the way from our childhood, until the end of college. He told me everything. After college he mysteriously just picked up and left. He left me a note, telling me he was going to find fortunes. I didn’t know what he was doing. Until now that is, when I heard your guys’ stories. It answered some questions that you guys are having now and what questions I had left to answer about Jeff. If you didn’t notice in the picture, if you even noticed it at all, he had a scar on his left hand. Now I figured out that ol’ Jeff was in a different disguise every time he moved. That is why I was the only one who knew the picture was of him. Except one thing he didn’t have in college that he has in that picture; that scar. If you also took any notice, Kris had a scar on her right arm, and Mr. Slitwit had a scar on his right cheek. I think there is a connection. What’s the matter Chuck?” He seemed to be holding something inside of him.
“Nothing, it’s just that…” he pulled over to the side of the rode and lifted up his left pant leg. There was a scar on his ankle.
“So you also have a secret.” I said, “Would you mind revealing it?”
“I don’t know Jacob. Why should I even tell you? It’s not important.” He said.
“For one thing, I think I can get this mystery solved if you do tell me.” I said. We had just pulled up to the hotel when I said this.
“I’ll tell you tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at noon. Get a good nights sleep.” I got out and got my bags, and away he went.

End of part 6.

Characters:
Chuck: has a scar on his left ankle.
That’s all for the character thing today.

No comments: