Monday, February 09, 2004

Minds Eye

I've had these wordless feelings in my head for sometime now. I decided I would put it in poem form. I don't know if it's very good or not. I can't think of a title that serves it justice:

In my minds eye, I see a great King
In my minds eye, I see rejoycing worshipers
whatever could they be royjoycing?
could it be that they know something i don't?
Or could it be i just don't understand?

In my minds eye i see a garden of green and color
In my minds eye I see a form come from the dirt
In my minds eye i see a serpent
whatever could it be?
could it be searching to cause desaster?
Or does he want to foul the master plan?
Does he want to be the victor?

In my minds eye, I see forbidden fruit
In my minds eye, I see a lords wife
In my minds eye, she is tempeted
In my minds eye, she also temps
In my minds eye, darkness fills the vision
What could it be?
Why were the forbidden?
If God knew that it would happen,
why did He let it?
Did the serpent win?

In my minds eye, I see a manger
In my minds eye, I see a baby
so defenseless,
so like us.
In my minds eye, He opens his eyes
Did he know he would change this world forever?
In my minds eye, I see a star, a white horse.
What could it be?
Did light flood the world?
The baby want to be a king instead?

In my minds eye, I see a cross
In my minds eye, I see blood
and death and suffering.
Yet, In my minds eye, I see second chance.
In my Minds eye, I see a tumb
In my minds eye, I see no body
Instead i look up and see a white horse
Could it be that he wants me to get on?
why are there two set of footprints in the sand,
and then only one set beside me?
Was I carried?

In my minds eye, I saw hatered, and sin.
In my minds eye, I saw evil and deceet.
But, In my minds eye i saw the white horse
with a man on it.
I saw Master of lies get thrown down
into a firey pit of fire.
In my minds eye i saw a hand extend from
the man on the horse.
Will you take it?

No comments: